Monday, September 22, 2008

Manti Temple Trip


This weekend we had the opportunity to go camping in Manti UT with our ward. For the past year the Bishop of our church has been organizing and planning a neighborhood camping trip to Manti with an emphasis on going to the Temple. As a neighborhood we have encouraged those that have never been to the temple or those that are not members of our faith to go and enjoy themselves and join in the activities. For those members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, we were encouraged to find a way to take someone with us to the temple. We took some names of family members and asked friends and neighbors to come camping and help in some of the service projects. Kara, the kids and I had a great time. I weeded the temple flower beds and got to spend some great time hanging out with my family and neighbors. It was a blast. Kara and I were able to do some ordinances at the Manti Temple. I'll upload some photos to my facebook site later this week.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

WOW!! What a really neat thing! That is a great idea! Glad you all had a wonderful time! :)

mushbelly said...

Hey Jacob. I found your blog through your facebook page - which I found because you sent a friend invite to my Jacob (nuttall). Anyway, Im glad you have a blog so I can know what is going on with you guys. Post pictures of your kids! I bet Olivia is all grown up and in school and stuff eh? I haven't seen you guys since that one time I ran into you at Target :)

Michelle Nuttall

DTanner said...

Hi There. Just found your blog when I was looking into creating a family wide blog for all of us to post on. I've got you bookmarked now. Hope all is well. Love ya

outdoortrainergirl said...

Hey there! You've been found...and you thought you could hide from us. Deana is creating a Wattleworth family blog for Reunion updates and general lets keep in touch sort of stuff....Hope you'll keep in touch. LUVU

outdoortrainergirl said...

Man...do you ever update this thing???

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM NORWAY!