Thursday, February 24, 2011

Wow, It's still here.

I completely forgot about the ol' blog. Time to pick it up again in hopes of keeping in touch. This is definitely more for my benefit than anyone else.

Most of my time lately is consumed by my return to school. I have finally come to terms with it and have accepted the fact that I NEED to finish up. Eventually my knowledge and experience won't be enough. Not only that but I'm finally to the point of my collegiate career where the knowledge I acquire is not entirely dismissible.

One of the biggest concerns was that of time. I work 45-50 hours a week and then doing full time school of 12 hours per week is a real challenge. The real impact has been the time away from Kara and the kids. Cole especially is missing his dad. I'm really grateful that Kara is such a wonderful wife and mother. She has had to pick up the slack. She's awesome.

This past year has been insane.

Alice was born on the 20 February 2010. She amazing. Our little 1 year old is getting so big. It's been fun to watch her learn and grow.

Olivia was baptized. Again, my oldest daughter makes me feel so proud. She is such a beautiful girl with the sweetest disposition. Olivia is so easy going and wonderful.





Cole is 7 years old now and such a good kid. I love playing with him and doing all the father son stuff. He's such a funny boy.

As for me this year has been interesting!

1. I crashed my Harley when I was run of the road by an SUV
2. I had two more kidney stones break free
3. I had shingles in my eye.
4. One of the kidney stones got stuck in my ureter (the tube between the kidney and bladder) forcing me to have surgery to remove it.

Now for the good. We got a new driveway. (with my motorcycle insurance money) I've been busy at work and love my job. I've had a few different chances to spend time with Kara's Aunt Beth and Uncle Dave from Reno. We went day camping with the Sisams. I purchased my first pistol, a Beretta 92FS. We've been pretty blessed. When the weather warms up we have some outside renovations planned for the house and we're thinking of buying an inexpensive pop-up tent trailer to make camping that much easier. Most of all, it has been really nice to enjoy spending time with one another.

life is good and God willing I will try and keep this more up to date

No comments: